The emergence of hybrid work consequent to the impact of the recent pandemic that impacted the global population, Coworking office space has come as a great boon filling a unique void. Coworking has risen to be the biggest driver as the world evolves into the next stage of when and where we work. Therefore, it is important to understand why we should be choosing Coworking office space as we move forward in today’s fiercely competitive world.
Networking in coworking spaces is like planting seeds in a fertile soil – it yields fruitful benefits, ranging from building valuable connections to fostering a collaborative community, and ultimately, growing a thriving career or business.
Why should you go to Coworking Spaces?
Collaborative Networking Advantages that Coworking office space offers are heralded as the biggest reason for you to go to Coworking spaces though that is not the singular benefit that you get from this option. Social opportunities, human interaction, and a professional working environment are among the other benefits you can expect from Coworking spaces. On the other hand, working from home offers total isolation though many components of a work environment are lost in that isolation.
Coworking goes beyond the hybrid and remote worker and is vital for commercial real estate too. Coworking benefits employees and businesses equally. The workplace is the most important and expensive component for any business and Coworking with its space-as-a-service business model helps businesses to unburden their balance sheet while also creating greater flexibility for the workforce. After cloud computing, Coworking has also emerged as the major driver of the next evolution of how when, and where we work.
Let us now take a quick look at the benefits and drawbacks that a Coworking office space can offer.
- Businesses/companies can enjoy significant cost savings while employees will enjoy the freedom to bring out their best productivity. These benefits will also increase with the rise in remote/hybrid work models.
- Employees can work in a professional setting remotely
- Enhanced networking opportunities
- Flexibility for professionals through the pay-as-you-go membership model
- Diverse types of space from group spaces to individual workstations
- Accessible nearly on a 24×7 basis
- Potential distractions because different people are pursuing different goals and tasks
- Lack of order and hierarchy which might be time-consuming for employers and employees to acclimatize.
- Lesser privacy and more distraction/noise
- Rapidly growing companies may find the costs prohibitive
- Availability of desk may not be guaranteed always
Why Coworking spaces are great for networking
For start-ups and new businesses, networking is a critical component. Collaborative networking advantages stem from meeting creatives from diverse industries and businesses encouraging innovation, debate, creativity, debate, reflection, and all of them individually or collectively are integral to developing the knowledge and skills of every team. Creating these connections through collaboration is the gateway to professional partnerships, a wealth of advice and support from peers, a broad client base, and more. These are some of the major reasons that make Coworking spaces great for networking. Conversely, in leased offices, only specific teams are present with a focus on privacy, space, and brand. These factors work as an impediment to networking and leave the team isolated. For big businesses, privacy may be an important attribute, but for medium and small businesses, the focus is on growth, and without effective networking opportunities, the growth trajectory can be stunted and the teams can be left feeling uninspired. The opposite of this is true in Coworking office spaces. There are multiple benefits when we are working with professionals from different industries including guidance and new ideas. But, when you are joining a community there can be some sacrifices to make for the motivation and challenges that your business will experience in the process of re-energizing the business.
How to network with the right people in Coworking Spaces?
It is indeed true that Coworking office space offers great networking opportunities and Community Building Benefits it is essential to focus on choosing your connections wisely. The following tips will help you network with the right people in Coworking office spaces and enjoy quality Coworking networking benefits.
- As opposed to traditional networking casual approach is often beneficial in Coworking spaces and a friendly approach is more helpful. Think of starting a conversation with a friend in a coffee shop or with a new coworker. Keep the conversation friendly and light instead of jumping straight into a professional mode.
- Share your own knowledge and offer tradeoffs. Think support and collaboration and when someone helps with your task, offer something in return. This way, you will create an equitable environment and promote collaboration.
- Many Coworking office spaces host events for members to develop a community sense and also offer other ways to promote networking. Ensure that you attend these events which may also be termed as ‘happy hours’ and establish better relationships and connections.
Coworking office space is growing in popularity even in the post-pandemic world thanks to a slew of benefits that it brings to employees and business owners alike. For a hands on experience of what you can expect, we are offering a one-day pass to our start-up offices in Gurgaon, Take a close look at our single desks, shared offices, business suites and an array of amenities.